HELPING BUSINESSES DEVELOP STRATEGIES
TO GROW SAINT CHARLES
START A BUSINESS
Thank you for considering Saint Charles as the home of your new business. The Economic Development Department works to ensure a pro-business climate that encourages our existing industries to grow and expand, and new businesses to invest in our community.
Learn more about how we are here to help you through each step of the process.
Get information on key demographics and facts about the City of Saint Charles and its businesses and residents.
Our primary goal is to increase employment opportunities, population and tax base, and to help businesses grow and compete in today’s global economy. We can assist with:
• Site & building searches
• Identify state and local incentives to reduce the investment costs for industry
• Work with brokers, site locators and company executives to succeed to complete the search needs of any prospect
• Coordinate projects with City departments
• Connect with workforce development resources and job training programs to prepare new and existing employees
• Provide detailed demographic information
• Supplying tax rates comparisons to demonstrate St. Charles’ competitive costs
Business Retention & Support
The Economic Development Department supports and serves existing businesses through:
Business Retention visits to better understand and assist our current businesses with their needs and concerns
The Grow St. Charles Award recognizes an outstanding business each year that has contributed to our City's prosperity and growth, supports local charitable causes and creates an outstanding environment for their employees.
Director of Economic Development
200 North Second Street, Saint Charles, MO 63301